Publisher Digerati has confirmed today the release dates for 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, in addition they have also announced that it is coming to Nintendo Switch. The multi-award winning and BAFTA nominated interactive drama will launch on the following dates: 31st July (PS4 NA), 1st August (PS4 EU), 2nd August (Switch), 3rd August (Xbox). Trailer and more info below.
The game is available to pre-order now from the Nintendo eShop in North America, and pre-orders start in the European eShop tomorrow, 18 July. Pre-orders also start tomorrow for the Xbox One version in the Xbox Store. There’s a 20% discount on all pre-orders. For PS4, PS Plus subscribers in Europe will be entitled to a 20% discount during launch week.
Created by iNK Stories, the entertainment studio co-founded by Rockstar Games alumni Navid Khonsari, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday immerses players in the turbulent real-world events of the Iranian uprising.
Based on true stories and historical events, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is an interactive drama about choice and consequence, chaos and order.
The year is 1978, the place is Tehran, Iran. You play as Reza Shirazi, a young photojournalist who returns home to find his people protesting the ruling King, the Shah. Armed with your camera, you capture the emotionally-charged stories and events unfolding on the streets and in the shadows.
As you’re pulled deeper into the dangerous world of civil unrest and revolution, the fate of those around you becomes intrinsically linked to the decisions you make and the path you choose to follow.
- Critical Choices: The choices you make will shape your experience in the revolution, and the fates of those around you – both in the present and the future.
- Cinematic Experience: Branching cinematic story told through motion captured animation and voice over performances. Discover the rarely seen world of Tehran in the 1970s, through a striking visual style.
- Exploration: Explore the world of the collapsing city under martial law: covert headquarters, rioting protests, bustling city streets and more.
- Photography: Take photos of the period accurate in-game world and compare them to the original archival photos captured by celebrated photojournalists.
- Unique Gameplay: Including urban triage, interactive action scenes and photo processing.
- Key Collectables: Discover and unlock more than 80+ unique stories that color and enhance your experience of the Iranian Revolution, including primary sources such as archival videos, home movies, graffiti, photographs and more.
- Based on True Events: Based on real first-hand testimonies of freedom fighters, witnesses and casualties of the revolution which helped define the 21st century, as well as those who were imprisoned in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison.