Digerati and Devespresso Games have announced today The Coma: Recut, a manhwa-styled Korean survival horror coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One in August with the exact date still to be confirmed. Trailer and screens can be found below.
You are Youngho, a hapless Korean student who, after drifting asleep during his final exam, wakes to find himself trapped in a twisted version of his school, Sehwa High. And he’s not alone. Relentlessly pursued by a psychotic killer, Youngho must evade his hunter while desperately searching for a way to escape the dread-filled corridors and classrooms.
- A remastered version of indie cult classic The Coma: Cutting Class, the game has been rebalanced and ‘recut’ with new and updated animations, mechanics, cutscenes and art
- Hide: Crouch in the darkness or cower in a closet to stay out of sight and evade the killer
- Survive: Use your flashlight to search for useful items, but be warned – it can attract unwanted attention
- Mystery: Discover notes and clues to uncover the twisted history of Sehwa High’s students and teachers
- The cast of characters and creepy corridors of Sehwa High are brought to life in a hand-illustrated manhwa art style
- Death: Beware the horrors lurking in the dark, lest you bleed out in some forgotten classroom…
- Inspired by the real-world plight of Korea’s overworked high school students
- Localized in the following languages: English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Turkish
The Coma: Recut reminds us of Claire: Extended Cut, and hopefully will be just as intriguing. We’ll more than likely have a preview in the coming weeks so keep an eye out if it interests you, and let us know in the comments if it has your attention already.