Publisher Digerati Distribution and developer Loren Lemcke have announced today that Super Blood Hockey is coming to consoles. Releasing first on Nintendo Switch in April with a Q2 2019 release for Xbox One and PS4. Check out the trailer below along with more info about the game.
Already available on Steam, where it has accrued a powerful 9/10 user rating, the console versions will include an all-new Franchise Mode that puts players in the shoes of a corrupt coach as they recruit players from prison, utilize performance-enhancing drugs, pull the plug on injured teammates, and use other underhanded tactics to succeed.
Super Blood Hockey is a love letter to the 8-bit and 16-bit ice hockey video games of my childhood, back when high action gameplay reigned supreme. Players can expect a modern reinterpretation of the classic arcade sports experience with the blood and violence dialled up to eleven.Game’s creator, Loren Lemcke
About the game
Arcade sports gaming gets a shot of adrenaline in Super Blood Hockey, a violent homage to classic 8- and 16-bit ice hockey games. Customize your line-up and take to the ice, using fast-paced skills and bone-crunching brutality to dominate.
Prove your hockey prowess in a deadly global tournament or against friends in 4-player local multiplayer. Build and manage your own squad in Franchise Mode – with the right diet and performance enhancing drugs your team can be season champions!
- Use superior skating, positioning, strategy and blood-splattering violence
- Take on the world in a global tournament, where failure results in execution
- Varied challenges and scenarios, including Turbo Mode and 12 vs 12 Mega Rumble
- Paint the ice with the blood of your friends in 4-player local multiplayer
- Franchise Mode: Create, recruit and manage your own custom team of inmates in a futuristic world of dystopic blood sports
- Enjoy the retro beats of an original soundtrack by chiptunist Shawn Daley