Award-winning international games label Team17 and developer Mouldy Toof Studios are excited to announce the launch date of August 22nd for The Escapists 2, the follow up to their award-winning prison-escape game.
In this pulse-pounding penitentiary, players will experience the thrill of escaping a hidden compound deep in the jungle. You’ll need determination and drive to avoid the unquestioningly devoted guards, constant surveillance, and the Illustrious Leader himself, in your bid for freedom.
The Escapists 2 features:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience.
- Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more
We are excited to see what the second instalment has to offer. The addition of drop-in, drop-out multiplayer will make a big difference when you’re stuck in jail and need a fellow prisoner to help you out, making what felt like a solitary experience in the first game into a more rich and engaging sequel.
Will this be your first purchase before the autumn onslaught of games begin? Are you looking forward to the online co-op and the new unique prison environments? Leave us your thoughts below.