Publisher Merge Games and developer Prideful Sloth have revealed the release date of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles on the Xbox One
on 27th February 2019, priced at £24.99 / $29.99 / €29.99. Pre-orders will run from the 13th February alongside a 15% pre-order discount and a week-long launch discount (also 15% off). More info about the game can be found below.
Yonder is a relaxing open-world adventure game set on the beautiful, vibrant island of Gemea. A lush frontier with eight distinct environments ranging from sunny and tropical beaches to frigid, snow-capped summits. Each location has its own flora and fauna, along with changing seasons and a day-night cycle. But Gemea is not as perfect as it seems. The mysterious Murk has enshrouded the land and its people are in despair.
As the hero of Gemea, you must seek out the hidden and whimsical creatures known as Sprites. Use their power to clear the Murk and restore nature’s beauty. As you explore Gemea you can barter, discover unique materials to craft with, befriend the adorable wildlife and even create your own working farm.
By contributing to the island with skills such as farming, crafting, cooking, fishing and brewing, relationships can be built with the locals, who offer everything from resources to a new farm as rewards. Yonder offers a world to lose yourself in; a world filled with the wonder of discovery and the spirit of adventure.
• A vibrant open world full of things to discover and places to explore.
• Set your own pace; trail-blaze across the world or settle down for a spot of quiet fishing and farming.
• Extensive character customisation.
• Master professions like carpenter, chef, tailor and more to help the residents of Gemea.
• Craft and trade items to solve puzzles as you banish the Murk from the island.
• Befriend and adopt endearing creatures.
• Build and harvest multiple farms across 8 diverse biomes, ranging from grasslands to dense forests, tropics and more.
• Set in a welcoming world you’ll want to visit over and over again.
• A mix of hand-tailored and procedurally generated quests.
• Multiple creative routes to achieve objectives.
• A dynamic living world – seasonal changes affect routes and animal migration. A day/night cycle and evolving weather conditions affect the world.